Odle Farm Dog Friendly Holiday Cottages – Rules for Dogs (and their humans)
Odle Farm is a fantastic location for a holiday with your dog! We have some wonderful walks on our doorstep in the beautiful Blackdown Hills AONB. Rivers and streams to paddle and swim in and only 30 minutes to the coast if you fancy a day at the beach.
The Sidmouth Arms pub in the village is dog friendly, which is just a few minutes by car or a 30 minute stroll along country lanes.
We don’t like having lots of rules and regulations because we realise that dogs are very much part of people’s families, however our cottages are very much part of our family so please look after them for us.
As a prospective visitor, it is only fair that our House Rules for Dogs should be plainly stated so you can decide if Odle Farm is right for you & your pet/s.
- We ask that you don’t allow dogs upstairs, in any of the bedrooms or on the furniture, and that they are not left alone in the house.
- Please clean up after your dog/s – both inside and out. Please bag and bin all deposits, in case you run out, poo-bags are provided in the Doggie-Box. There is a vacuum cleaner in the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs.
- Footpaths, bridleways and country lanes surround Odle Farm, making for excellent walking country. This is a farming area though so we ask you to please respect our neighbours and keep close control of your dogs while out and about. If you are at all uncertain as to whether your dog will chase livestock please keep your dog on the lead.
- If your dog/s are wet and muddy please keep them in the kitchen until they are clean and dry. If your dog/s don’t like being shut behind a door we have an easy to put up stair-gate which fits between the kitchen and the lounge, stored in the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs.
- We supply “dog” towels for your use while here, please don’t worry about washing them, we have a washing machine just for pet washing to avoid hairs on clothes and bedding . If you need more during your stay please let us know.
- Our doggie-box has some temporary dog-tags. Please return them at the end of your stay.
End of doggy rules!! We are confident that our guests are responsible dog owners and considerate human beings and will look after Odle Farm for us. This has certainly been our experience to date.
And finally….if you get home and find you have some lovely photos of your dog/s enjoying their holiday we would love to see them and put them on our Facebook page.