New Road, Upottery, Honiton, Devon EX14 9QE
Telephone 01404 861105
Terms and conditions
The contract is for a short-term holiday rental of the property specified on the booking form made between the owners of Odle Farm Holiday Cottages, Karen and Paul Marshallsay and client .
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email.
By making a booking the client contracts on behalf of himself/herself and all those in his/her party and represents that he/she has the authority to accept these conditions on behalf of and binding upon all guests in his/her party.
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the property is taken for holiday purposes only and that, excepting babies, the number of people in each property is limited to that entered on the booking form.
The client and any friends or family of the client visiting the property while the client is staying there must adhere to the conditions of the contract, including the rules and procedures contained in the information folder provided in the property. If inviting friends to visit the client must first seek the permission of the owners.
The owners reserve the right to alter prices on our website. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. A binding contact comes into existence between the client and the owners once we have received your deposit and we have issued an email/postal letter containing your booking confirmation.
We reserve the right to refuse any booking before we send you written confirmation. If we do this we will inform you in writing and promptly refund any money paid to us.
Payment and cancellation
Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and receiving the deposit of 25% of the holiday cost. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 42 days before the arrival date; you will be sent email notification that the balance is due. We reserve the right to cancel a booking where payment has not been received 42 days before the commencement date, in which case the deposit will not be refunded. If the booking is made within 42 days of the arrival date then payment will be due in full. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand.
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by email.
Bookings placed after 8th June 2020 and for holidays after 1st August 2020 have cancellation protection cover, meaning that if you cancel for any reason up to and including 2 days before check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid.
- Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, taxes and other ancillary charges, will not be refunded.
- Refund Payment for cancelled bookings will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking.
- Cancellations made 1 day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but not Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in).
- Guests may cancel their reservation by notifying Odle Farm in writing that they wish to cancel.
Bookings placed before 8th June 2020 are not cancellation protected, meaning that if you cancel between 60-42 days before check-in date, and we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount which may be less than you paid e.g. if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let. If we are unable to re-let, you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. From 42 days before check-in to the day of check-in, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of the original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. Bookings that were taken before 08 June 2020 but have been moved to a later date are not covered by Master Cancel.
Circumstances beyond the control of the owner ( Force Majeure)
If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, war, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will not be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the lodging costs based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
Rentals for Odle Farm Holiday Cottages commence at 4:00 pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00am on the day of departure.
Right of Entry
Whilst respecting the reasonable privacy of the client, the owners of Odle Farm Holiday Cottages reserve the right to access all properties at all times, if necessary, for repairs and emergencies.
Care of the Property
The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair, condition, cleanliness and tidiness as at the commencement of the rental period.
Breakages or Damage
The client is required to inform the owner of any damage or breakage in or around the property promptly so that it can be repaired and replaced for the next client.
The owners of Odle Farm Holiday cottages are not liable for any loss or damage to any client’s property or any property belonging to a member of the client’s party howsoever caused.
The client or members of his/her party cannot hold the owners of Odle Farm Holiday Cottages liable for any personal injury/death howsoever sustained where the owners and/or their employees have used reasonable skill and care; and/or where caused by the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party (including inadequate supervision of children); and/or where caused by the fault of a third party, and/or where caused by an event that could not have been reasonably foreseen or avoided.
The client is bound to reimburse the owners for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs where reasonably demanded by the owners for damage caused by the client.
Rules and Procedures
Clients are required to observe the rules and familiarise themselves with the procedures contained in the information folder provided in each property.
While we endeavour to ensure that everything is presented to a high standard with your accommodation should you need to make a complaint the following procedure applies:
*Inspect the property on arrival and report any immediate problems to the owners.
*Report any problems found during your stay to the owners.
Complaints must be reported immediately to the owners of the property thereby giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem during your stay. Complaints will not be entertained at the end of the hiring period or if the guest vacate the property.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the cottages or recreation barns.
We realise that dogs are very much part of people’s families, however our cottages are very much part of our family so please look after them for us.
As a prospective visitor, it is only fair that our House Rules for Dogs should be plainly stated so you can decide if Odle Farm is right for you & your pet/s.
- We ask that you don’t allow dogs upstairs, in any of the bedrooms or on the furniture, and that they are not left alone in the house.
If you would like to go out for the day without your dog, our neighbour Vicky has kennels and will take day borders (tel 07779 759956). Your dog may be perfect at home but in a strange place they can become stressed, we have had problems in the past with barking and damage so we request that dogs aren’t left alone in the cottages.
- Please clean up after your dog/s – both inside and out. Please bag and bin all deposits, in case you run out, poo-bags are provided in the Doggie-Box. There is a vacuum cleaner in the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs.
- Footpaths, bridleways and country lanes surround Odle Farm, making for excellent walking country. This is a farming area though so we ask you to please respect our neighbours and keep close control of your dogs while out and about. If you are at all uncertain as to whether your dog will chase livestock please keep your dog on the lead. Please do ask us about walks if you would like suggestions or directions, depending on the time of year some are less muddy!
- If your dog/s are wet and muddy please keep them in the kitchen until they are clean and dry. If your dog/s don’t like being shut behind a door we have an easy to put up stair-gate which fits between the kitchen and the lounge, stored in the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs.
- We supply “dog” towels for your use while here, please don’t worry about washing them, we have a washing machine just for pet washing to avoid hairs on clothes and bedding . If you need more during your stay please let us know.
- Our doggie-box has some temporary dog-tags. Please return them at the end of your stay.
- Please bring your own freshly laundered dog beds.
- Barking – please be aware that a barking dog, inside our out at anytime of day or night will spoil the stay of other guests.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
In addition to the terms and conditions stated here, there may be specific terms and conditions which apply to the facilities at Odle Farm such as those concerning the use of the Hot Tubs. These will be prominently displayed at Odle Farm and /or in the cottage information folders, and constitute part of these general Terms & Conditions.
Any data collected during the course of this booking will be stored on our computer(s). With your permission we may from time to time contact you about promotions and offers. We will not share your details with any third party.
A warm welcome awaits you at Odle Farm.