Life can be very stressful and we all need to treat ourselves sometimes, so I thought I would write a blog on the health benefits of staying in a holiday cottage with a hot tub.
It provides so much more than you think.
One of the many reasons guests choose to come and stay at Odle Farm Holiday Cottages is to relax and de-stress away from the turmoil of daily life.
As well as the peaceful and tranquil location, our Hot Tubs help with both physical and mental wellness.
Either as a solo soak or as part of quality social interaction with family and friends, hot tubs provide a wellness sanctuary that you will remember for years afterward.
Some of the added health benefits of a soak in a hot tub :
- Lowers blood pressure and improves heart health – Just 20 minutes immersed in warm water dilates blood vessels and improves circulation.
- Improves sleep – a hot tub session 20 minutes prior to bedtime will naturally help your body to unwind and then gain much deeper and relaxed sleep.
- Relieves pain – Immersing the whole body in a hot tub relieves pressure on joints and muscles, especially the spine which bears the brunt of modern living.
- Reduces stress – Stress is hard to avoid in our constant “switched on” culture, side effects include low energy; headaches and poor digestion. Soaking in a hot tub is a guaranteed stress buster and we have the bonus of a great view to look at in a peaceful, tranquil location. Lie back, relax and watch the world go by…..or maybe even a shooting star at night!
- Relaxes muscles – the massage from the jets allows muscles to relax after a day walking the countryside and local area.
- A great massage! – All our hot tubs have numerous jets that can be adjusted in strength so that you can tailor the massage to your own preference.
Overall hot tubs are a great way to relax and improve your health.
Hot Tub Maintenance
We have always taken great pride in keeping our hot tubs well maintained and safe for users. Our hot tubs are emptied, cleaned and refilled between each set of guests. We carry out checks every day to make sure the water is kept balanced and free of bacteria to ensure that you can truly relaxThe hot tub was not the reason for booking as i am normally a hygiene freak and don’t generally like them…. but, the attention to detail, the attention to cleanliness and checking made all my worries disappear as that was one of the unexpected luxuries we fell in love with. That, along with the most amazing cake i have ever tasted, laid out on and feel confident using them. Water samples are also sent off regularly for independent testing.
This review left for us on TripAdvisor was a fantastic compliment :
” The hot tub was not the reason for booking as I am normally a hygiene freak and don’t generally like them…. but, the attention to detail, the attention to cleanliness and checking made all my worries disappear as that was one of the unexpected luxuries we fell in love with. “
Are you still not convinced that you want to use the hot tubs?
Costs and time to maintain the hot tubs have increased substantially in the last few years and our prices have had to reflect this. We understand that hot tubs aren’t for everyone so have introduced a discount code for those not wanting to use the facility (in Willow and Honeysuckle only). We feel it is safer to offer a discount and you opt-out than charge extra to use the hot tub. Regular guests are used to the inclusive price and we want to avoid you turning up expecting use of the hot tub and being disappointed.
We will make sure the hot tub is ready for you to use unless the discount code has been used at the time of booking. More details can be found on our booking page.
We hope this has made you want to come and stay at Odle Farm and made you realise the extra health benefits that a holiday cottage with a hot tub can provide. ……..Not forgetting the beautiful views, countryside, coast and attractions that this area has to offer the whole family.