Christmas is approaching fast, why not take a break and visit one of the Christmas Markets in East Devon during a relaxing stay at Odle Farm?
Get all your Christmas shopping done.
Watch a Christmas Light switch on with seasonal music and mulled wine.
Get all the presents wrapped before returning home feeling organized and ready for the festivities.
We’ve listed below just a few of the Christmas Markets, Christmas Light Switch on and Late Night shopping dates in East Devon.
- Friday 15th November to Sunday 17th November – National Trust Knightshayes House, Christmas Craft and Gift Fair – with over 50 stalls, all hand made, all local and all you need for Christmas.
- Saturday 16th November to Thursday 19th December – – Exeter Christmas Market has been running for seven years on Exeter Cathedral Green and is recognised as one of the best in the UK. A combination of unique location with the stunning backdrop of Exeter Cathedral alongside high-quality exhibitors has established an ‘event’ which is now an integral part of the city centre festive celebrations and Christmas shopping experience.
- Saturday 23rd November and Sunday 24th November – Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth, Christmas Fair – as well as visiting the gorgeous donkeys there will be over 50 talented traders selling wonderful unique items, gifts, crafts, and edible treats. Santa will be in his grotto too waiting to meet you.
- Saturday 23rd November – Escot Festive Artisan Fair 10am to 4pm.
The perfect place to start (or finish!) your Christmas shopping… Buy from local artists and makers and spend a beautifully festive day at Escot House. Free entry – and everyone is welcome. Twinkling fairy lights, mulled wine, a roaring fire, activities for the kids and shopping galore – what’s not to love!!
- Friday 15th to Sunday 17th November – Hestercombe House and Gardens Christmas Market, over the border near Taunton in Somerset.
Over 70 festive stalls bursting with beautiful gifts, delicious treats and unusual hand-crafted items. Choirs and bands will be performing festive music in the Courtyard and we’ll have entertainment to keep the little ones busy (weekend only).
The Upottery Village Christmas Market is on Saturday 14th December from 10am to 12 noon. Bacon butties, raffles, craft and gift stalls, visit the Manor Rooms (village hall) to experience a real Devon village event.
Christmas Light Switch On
- Exeter – Five nights of Lights – Taking place across the city from 13-17 November, the festive event will see the Christmas lights go live in all quarters of the city, along with street entertainment, live music, and one-off events.
- Sidmouth – Christmas Light Switch on – Saturday 16th November
- Honiton – Christmas Light Switch on – Saturday 16th November
Late Night Shopping
- Honiton – Saturday 16th November, from 3 pm, music, family fun, Father Christmas, late-night shopping and more.
- Sidmouth – Friday 6th December, shops open until 8pm. Many street performers, Father Christmas, and music to provide a great festive atmosphere.
- Exeter – The five Thursday late night shopping evenings leading up to Christmas, start on Thursday 21st November when many of Exeter’s shops will stay open until 9pm. That date will also see Gandy Street celebrate their traditional ‘Countdown to Christmas’.
These are just a few of the Christmas events in East Devon, as I hear about or come across more I will add them to the “Events” tab on our Facebook Page. Head on over and “Like” our page to keep up to date.
Have we tempted you?
Check our availability here for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020. We are fully booked for Christmas 2019 but still have some availability leading up to the big day and then afterward over New Year.
Maybe you could book a break as a Christmas Present and have something to look forward to in 2020.
Happy Christmas shopping!